Super Green Avocado Sauce
This very versatile dip is great on everything with the added bonus of green nutrients. Great condiment for fish tacos. Will keep for about a week in the fridge.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Dressings and Sauces
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups spinach
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley or mix of both
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth or chicken stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree spinach and cilantro/parsley and garlic in a food processor for about 1 minute. Scrape down sides and add avocado and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Stream in only as much broth as needed to reach a desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Add extra virgin olive oil and a dash of white wine vinegar for a creamy and delicious salad dressing. Omit broth entirely for a tasty spread on sandwiches or dip.