Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Incredibly delicious vegan dessert. Add real chocolate to this for an out of this world dessert!
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Sweets
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter or raw cashews (use ¼ cup whole milk organic yogurt or almond yogurt instead to lighten this up)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, or coconut milk (any milk will do)
- 2 teaspoons of honey or xylitol, or to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons or raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt such as Celtic or pink Himalayan
- ½ vanilla bean (open pod length wise w/ a small knife and scrape out the seeds) optional or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Soak cashews for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a blender or food processor blend the cashews until smooth. Add milk, honey, vanilla and cacao and blend well. Add avocado and salt and, blend until creamy. Chill slightly. Serve with fresh fruit and/or tea cookies.
- Make this a rich and decadent mousse: Melt 4-6 ounces of 60% dark chocolate or higher in a double boiler. Blend this into the pudding base.
- Note: Make this in advance. It’s even better the next day. Double or triple recipe for use of frosting.