Oatmeal Shortcake Cookies
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Sweets
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2½ cup organic oats (old fashioned)
- 1 cup plain, organic, Greek yogurt
- 2 organic eggs
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or xylitol (or ¼ cup baking tablespoons stevia sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1½ teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- *This recipe requires parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400⁰. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. You can also you chocolate chips. Use an ice cream scoop to drop onto lined cookie sheets for shortcakes or use a tablespoon for cookies.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve shortcakes with fresh strawberries and cream, enjoy as a breakfast cookie or you can also try adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a gluten free chocolate chip cookie.