Green Bean Salad Niciose
A perfect Sunday brunch dish
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2 pounds organic Yukon or baby white potatoes
- 1 pound frozen green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 2 hardboiled eggs peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup fresh dill
- ⅓ cup cooked bacon, chopped or ¼ cup capers
- Preheat oven to 450◦
- Quarter potatoes and toss with about 2 tablespoons olive oil or bacon reserved fat from bacon (if using). Sprinkle with a heavy pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Toss to coat well. Spread out evenly onto a cooking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Toss frozen green beans with bit of olive oil or bacon fat (about a teaspoon), and a pinch of salt. Heat an iron skillet over medium and add beans. Stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a food processor add eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, vinegar, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Toss dressing with potatoes, beans, parsley, and dill. Garnish with bacon or capers.
- Serve with smoked trout or wild smoked salmon