Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Sweets
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder/ Raw Cacao powder or shredded coconut to coat balls (optional)
- Combine oats, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, cacao nibs and cinnamon in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, combine almond butter, honey, brown rice syrup, and vanilla until well mixed. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir well.
- Moisten hands, and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Make sure you keep hands wet to do this. Mixture will be very crumbly. Coat balls in shredded coconut or cocoa powder (they will look like truffles!). Store in the fridge.
If you can wait, they taste better the next day! You can also freeze them in advance. They take 15 minutes to defrost.