Make these in bulk on a weekend and store in the freezer for easy grab-n-go breakfasts during the week.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Breakfasts
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 12 eggs from pasture raised, local chickens
- 1 teaspoon of unrefined sea salt
- pinch of cayenne
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups any variety of mixed vegetables (such as):
- ¾ cup tomato, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup raw cheese, grass-fed (such as hard cheddar)
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add approximately half a teasppon of coconut oil to each muffin tin and using a wadded up paper towel or your hands, liberally grease each tin with the oil. The more oil, the easier the pan will clean up afterwards. Set aside.
- Toss approximately 2 cups of fresh vegetables and/or cheese together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Blend eggs together in a food processor, blender, or with a whisk. Add salt and pepper. Combine with vegetables and mix well.
- Fill each muffin tin with egg batter until evenly distributed. Bake for 12-15 minutes until centers are just set but still jiggly and wet looking. Cool for 10 minutes. Extract muffins by tracing the border of each tin with a spoon and then scooping from the bottom.
When completely cool, store muffins in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or microwave for 1 minute.