Chopped Chicken Caesar Salad
This salad is simply amazing. A staple in my home. Swap out ground chicken for ground turkey, or flaked wild salmon.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 1lb of organic ground chicken, cooked
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of pink salt
- ½ a head of fresh romaine shredded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of red onion, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of capers (optional)
- For the vinaigrette:
- 5 flat anchovy fillets, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk or blend together anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat and cook shallot until soft. Add garlic and Dijon and cook for about 1 more minute. Add ground chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken until all the moisture absorbs. Turn heat off and transfer to a separate dish to cool. Chop romaine, onion, and loosely chop capers. Toss with vinaigrette and then combine with ground chicken.
This can be used with any homemade dressing