Chocolate Covered Cashew Drops
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Sweets
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 8-10 ounces of raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons of local, raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of course grained unrefined sea salt or kosher
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup of good quality chocolate chips or baking chocolate (70% cacao or higher)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Salt should be omitted if using salted cashews.
- Fill a small sauce pan with 2 inches or water. Place the chocolate in a metal bowl slightly wider than the diameter of the sauce pan. Place the bowl of chocolate on top of the sauce pan, and melt chocolate over medium heat.
- In a food processor combine cashews and pulse until consistency begins to crumble like pie crust. Combine honey, salt (if using) and stream in enough oil for mixture to take on the consistency of cookie dough.
- Roll nut mixture into small quarter sized balls and place on wax paper. Once chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat and whisk in ½ teaspoon of vanilla. Dip cashew balls into melted chocolate using a toothpick or spoon and move to wax paper. Chill overnight.
- (Optional) Top nut balls with chocolate drizzles, slivered almonds, or nut crumbs.
- Can make anywhere from 2 to 3 dozen depending on the size.