Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring stock to a boil in a large stock pot. Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and reserve the cooking liquid. Mash cauliflower using a potato masher. Add oil and reserved stock a little at a time to reach desired consistency. Using a stick blender puree cauliflower or continue mashing with a potato masher until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Reserve cooking liquid and use it to make cauliflower soup with any left over cauliflower mash later in the week.