Brussels Sprout Slaw
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or chopped anchovy
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 3 organic large eggs, hard boiled
- 2-3 dozen (4 cups) Brussels sprouts
- ¾ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano
- Juice the lemon and oranges. Chop shallot in a food processor and stream in citrus juice, olive oil and anchovy paste. Set aside (at room temp) and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Can be made ahead and kept up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Switch out the S blade for the shredder/grater attachment on the food processor, and shred fresh Brussels sprouts. Turn out into a large bowl and add diced eggs, cheese, and almonds. Pour ¾ a cup of the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat.