Adzuki Bean and Barley Salad
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2 cups cooked adzuki beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked organic, hulled barley, drained
- 1 clove garlic finely crushed
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 5 ounces Manchego cheese, grated (optional
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 10 red lettuce leaves to serve
- Using a food processor, combine garlic, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Arrange red lettuce leaves on a plates or a platter.
- In a large bowl, combine adzuki beans, barley and cheese. Add dressing and mix well. Spoon onto lettuce leaves and chill for ½ hour.
- Serve cold with corn chips, as a side, or alone with lettuce leaves.
Grains and beans of all kinds are easier to digest when prepped properly before being cooked. Always soak beans and/or grains overnight covered with warm water and 1 teaspoon each of pink Himalayan sea salt and granulated sea vegetables. Drain the water before cooking and add another teaspoon each of salt and sea vegetables to cooking water. Makes a huge difference.