5 Minute Poached Eggs
An elegant breakfast that takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Breakfasts
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 piece of sprouted grain toast or grain free toast
- 1 large handful of arugula or mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a medium saucepan combine vinegar, salt, and one quart of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium.
- Drop your toast in the toaster
- Gently crack 1 egg at a time into the water. Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking prepare toast. Spread the mustard on the toast and set on a plate. Top with arugula.
- When the egg timer goes off, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water. Dab gently with a paper towel to removed excess water. Carefully place eggs over the arugula.
- Eat immediately.