A great way to avoid excess carbohydrates in your diet. Swap wheat and gluten free pastas for zucchini noodles in any pasta based dish.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 2 large zucchini
- For broad pappardelle shaped pasta use a potato peeler and peel long strips of zucchini moving the peeler length wise down the zucchini. Rotate the zucchini as you go to keep the noodles as uniform as possible.
- For more spaghetti style noodles invest in a sprializer appliance. They are inexpensive and can easily be found online or most kitchen supply stores. Push your zucchini through the chosen grate setting.
- Prepare 2 different ways:
- Raw: Sprinkle and toss noodles with a teaspoon of salt. Place inside a colander and place over a bowl or the sink. Allow the noodles to weep and drain for about 30 minutes. Enjoy raw.
- Cooked: Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee over medium heat. Add noodles and toss with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, turning and tossing with a pair of tongs the whole time.