Zucchini Noodle Salad
Author: Alton Brown
Recipe type: Salads
- 2 pounds zucchini, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ⅓ cup chopped, toasted almonds
- ⅓ cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 1-ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
- Shave the zucchini into long wide ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, turning the squash as you go. Discard the seed core. Put the zucchini ribbons into a colander set inside a bowl or in the sink, sprinkle with salt, toss and allow drain for 30 minutes. Discard the liquid.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper in a serving bowl. Add the zucchini, onion, and radishes. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with almonds, basil, and Manchego cheese and serve. Can be stored, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.