Watermelon and Tomato Salad
Rich in lycopene and vitamin C, this salad is not only beautiful, the flavor profile makes this a summer-time favorite
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
- 2½ cups seedless watermelon, in 1-inch cubes or balls (cut over a bowl to catch the juice and reserve it)
- 1-2 large tomatoes or 1½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup feta
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Pinch cayenne
- ½ cup mint (cilantro or parsley can be substituted), roughly chopped
- Combine the watermelon, tomato, cheese, scallions and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk or blend together about 2 tablespoons of the watermelon juice, oil, vinegar and cayenne. To serve, drizzle with dressing and garnish with cilantro.
- Do not refrigerate and serve within 30 minutes.