Vietnamese Chicken Salad
This flavor profile is incredible! Plus, this salad is so easy. You can use left over chicken and combine this salad in minutes. Makes a unique and popular party dish when you want to bring something healthy.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 3 small shallots, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (seed first if you want less heat)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs. fish sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded and chopped
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz. package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn if large
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Pulse shallots, jalapeno, sugar, and ⅛ tsp. pepper in a food processor until the shallots are very soft (but not pureed) and liquid is released. Transfer to a large serving bowl and stir in the vinegar, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Toss the coleslaw mix into the vinegar mixture. Add the chicken, mint, and cilantro and combine well. Top with the peanuts and serve at room temperature.