Tamari Roasted Almonds
Adapted from a recipe by Alton Brown
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 cups of almonds
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250◦
- Combine ginger and salt in a large shallow bowl, set aside.
- In an iron skillet combine oils and chili sauce. Add almonds and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients in small measuring cup and add to the almonds. Cook for one more minute until slightly sticky. Spread almonds out on a parchment lined cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing.