Super Immunity Soup
A Glow Nutrition original, this soup is not only delicious, it's got everything you need to fight the common flu.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Soups
- 2 cups kale
- 2-3 cups organic chicken, turkey, or duck stock or vegetable broth (homemade is best)
- ⅛ of a cup of any variety of onion or one small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Blend all ingredients together in a Vitamix blender, food processor, or blender until completely smooth. Heat gently over low heat stirring constantly until just heated through. Do not boil.
- You can also allow your Vitamix to gently heat the soup as it blends in order to retain live cultures in miso. Serve immediately.
- Substitute a ½ an avocado instead of the yogurt for a creamier consistency and add a half of a small cucumber and serve cold as a gazpacho.