Salmon Salad with Eggs and Arugula
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Another excellent dish to feed a crowd.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 4 Hardboiled eggs, smoked until golden brown, diced (soak mild flavored wood chips, like cherry wood or alderwood in water for at least one hour before smoking)
- 6-8 ounces of salmon smoked and flaked
- 1 cup of Arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon creamed yogurt (strained Greek yogurt), or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Veganise (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Method 1: Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Method 2: Combine egg yolks, mustard, yogurt, Veganise, lemon juice and spices in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, toss together chopped egg whites, flaked salmon, and chopped arugula. Fold in egg yolk mixture, stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Cover and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving for flavors to set.
- Garnish with green onion or smoked paprika, serve with toast points.