Adapted from a recipe by Alton Brown
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 1 pound dried chickpeas
- ¼ cup plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and cover with 2 inches of water. Soak overnight.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain the chickpeas, return to the mixing bowl, and set aside. Place ¼ cup vinegar, mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt into a small lidded container and shake vigorously to combine. Add the olive oil and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and toss to combine. Spread the chickpeas on a half sheet pan and roast until the chickpeas are deep golden brown and crunchy, tossing every 15 minutes, for 60 to 65 minutes. Remove from the oven, return to the mixing bowl, add the remaining vinegar and salt, and toss to combine. Transfer back to the sheet pan and spread out to cool completely before serving as a snack.