Grain Free Meatballs
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Entrees
- 1 pound of organic, grass fed ground beef
- 1 pound of pasture raised ground pork
- 1 organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of onion, finely diced (about 1 medium onion)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt or to taste
- ½ tablespoon of arrowroot
- ½ tablespoon of black pepper
- Pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350◦
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Shape into desired size meatballs.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet for 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with marinara sauce