Grain Free Flaxseed Bread
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Breakfasts
Cuisine: 4 Season
- 2 cups milled flaxseed (I do this myself with a vitamix)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ of a cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of xylitol or coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350◦
- Gently melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Mill approximately 1¼ cup flaxseed into flour using a vitamix. This takes about 4 seconds. This will expand to about 2 cups ground. Move milled flaxseed to the food processor and pulse in baking soda, salt, and sugar. Crack all of the eggs into a spouted measuring cup. With the food processor running, stream in water and oil. Slowly stream in eggs one at a time. Remove the lid. Scrape down the bowl and blend until batter is smooth.
- Line up an 8X8 baking dish over a sheet of parchment paper and cut out a piece the width of the bottom the dish. Line the dish with the parchment paper and pour in the batter. Bake for 40-60 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes for a cake like bread. Bake for up to 60 minutes (or more) for a more sandwich style bread.