Love Gazpacho? This is one of the best versions you will ever try!
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Soups
- 2-3 medium sized tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- ½ of a medium sized cucumber
- ¼ cup red onion or 3 green onions or 1 peeled shallot (sub ¼ cup of any variety onion)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 mild to medium heat pepper such as red bell or jalapeno, seed removed (optional)
- Handful of basil or mint (optional)
- Handful of parsley (optional)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sherry, basalmic, umi, or apple cider vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, or white wine
- Lemon or lime to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and remove seeds by hand. Puree tomatoes in a food processor or blender with remaining ingredients except the oil. While machine is running, stream in oil. Add more vinegar, white wine, lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.