Cream of Mushroom Soup
Consider using this much healthier version of cream of mushroom soup for your holiday casseroles instead of the scary stuff that comes in a can.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Soups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- ½ lb organic button or crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade is best)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- ½ cup organic, whole milk yogurt
- Dash of organic tamari sauce
- ½ teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt or to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. In a medium sized saucepan melt butter over medium heat, add mushrooms and salt and cook until soft. Whisk arrowroot into stock and combine with mushrooms. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, remove cover and cook stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes or until the consistency looks a lot like melted gelatin. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt, tamari, salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Yields 3½ cups