Coconut Panna Cotta
This classic Italian dessert gets a simple makeover by replacing the diary with coconut milk. Try using it as a filling for a tart or grain-free pie crust.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Sweets
Cuisine: 4 Season
Serves: 3.5 cups
- 2 (14oz) cans lite coconut milk (full fat will separate)
- ⅓ cup xylitol or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grass-fed beef collagen (gelatin)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Bring one can of coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in sugar and collagen. Turn heat off. Once gelatin is completely dissolved whisk in remaining can of coconut milk and vanilla extract. Pour into individual molds or one large jello mold and chill until set (about 4 hours).
Add fresh seasonal fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries within the mixture or as a garnish when serving.