This sauce is spectacular by itself but compliments chicken and white fish dishes beautifully.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Dressings and Sauces
Cuisine: 4 Season
- ½ cup cashew butter, recipe follows
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, optional
- Cashew Butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup walnut oil (almond, avocado, or grapeseed oil will also work)
- 10 ounces (approximately 2 cups) roasted cashews
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the nuts and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse for 15 seconds. Then, while the processor is running, very slowly drizzle in the honey and oil. Blend until smooth. Add more oil to reach desired consistency.
- For sauce, move cashew butter to small sauce pan over low heat. Whisk in milk, cayenne, and salt. Heat through until warm (do not simmer or sauce will break).