Avocado Stuffed with Miso Crab
An impressive dish to serve at a dinner party or a light lunch for those foodies who love to indulge.
Author: Jessica Idleman
Recipe type: Salads
- 2 Avocados
- 4 ounces of lump crab meat
- ½ a ruby red grapefruit cubed
- 2 green onions chopped and divided
- Juice of half a lemon
- Miso Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine, rice wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wisk together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside. Cut each avocado in half and remove pit. Using a small spoon, scoop out about ⅓ of the fruit from the center of each avocado half. Squeeze lemon juice over each half to keep the avocados from turning brown.
- Add the scooped-out avocado to the crabmeat along with half the dressing and stir to combine. Fold in white scallions and cubed grapefruit. Spoon crab salad into avocados and drizzle with more dressing, garnish with green onions.
Before filling avocados with crab salad, shave off a thumbnail sized piece of the skin on the rounded bottom of each half with a paring knife. This will allow the avocados to sit level on a plate or platter when serving.